Dedicated School Transport – Home to School
- Social distancing on the buses should be implemented if possible.
- Fresh air should be maximised – windows opened
- The law says children do not have to wear face coverings on dedicated school transport, however it is recommended that pupils in Year 7 and above wear a face covering on dedicated school transport, except for those that are exempt.
When wearing a face covering you should:
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on
- avoid wearing on your neck or forehead
- avoid touching the part of the face covering in contact with your mouth and nose, as it could be contaminated with the virus
- change the face covering if it becomes damp or if you’ve touched it
- avoid taking it off and putting it back on a lot in quick succession
When removing a face covering:
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before removing
- only handle the straps, ties or clips
- do not give it to someone else to use
- if single-use, dispose of it carefully in a residual waste bin and do not recycle
- if reusable, children must put the face covering in a plastic bag when removed.
- Reusable coverings should be washed in line with manufacturer’s instructions at the highest temperature appropriate for the fabric
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser once removed
- Parents/carers must not allow their child to board the buses if they, or a member of their household has COVID-19 symptoms.
- If your child develops symptoms whilst at school they will be sent home. They must not travel on home to school transport. The school will contact the parent/carer to make arrangements for their child to be collected.
- Children and drivers who have been in contact with someone who has developed symptoms whilst at school or on home to school transport do not need to go home to self-isolate unless they develop symptoms themselves (in which case, they should arrange a test), or the symptomatic person subsequently tests positive and they were in contact within 48 hours of them first displaying symptoms or if they have been requested to do so by NHS Test and Trace.
- If a person with symptoms has been on dedicated school transport, the vehicle will be cleaned with normal household disinfectant to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
- Children and drivers must clean their hands before boarding transport and again on disembarking.
- Drivers and passenger assistants should use alcohol hand rub or sanitiser at intervals throughout the journey, and should always do so after performing tasks such as helping a child into the vehicle or handling a child’s belongings.
- Children should board the bus on a ‘first in, last out’ basis; with those children getting on first seated at the rear of the bus and the bus filling forwards.
- Children should maintain social distancing when disembarking the bus at school.
- All children will be temperature checked on arrival at school.
Please make sure your child has their bus pass on them at all times.
In Catchment Transport: Provided by Hampshire Passenger Transport 01962 846924.
Out-of-Catchment: Please contact the school
Your child is only covered by insurance if they have applied for a place on a school bus. If County Transport have not issued you with a bus pass, then you are not insured to travel on the school bus.
Provision of free travel
Hampshire Local Authority will advise you if your child qualifies for free transport, either on a school bus or public transport. To qualify you need to:
- Attend the catchment school or one that is nearer to your home, and
- The distance (measured by the shortest available walking route) is more than three miles for children from Year 4 to Year 11, or
- Your catchment school was your first preference and it was over-subscribed. In this case, we will provide transport to the next closest school, using the distances in the previous paragraph.
Late Bus Provision
This service is currently not running due to COVID-19
If your child does not qualify for travelling expenses, you may apply for him to be a 'privilege' passenger on school transport. This will depend on whether there are spare seats and only applies if the vehicle is contracted by Hampshire County Council to transport children. The privilege place can be withdrawn at short notice if it is needed for a child who qualifies for free transport.
There is a flat-rate charge for privilege seats which is the same for all children whatever their age or the distance travelled. If you receive income support, or income-based job seeker's allowance, you do not have to pay. All drivers are checked either by the school or the local authority; the Vehicle Operating Standards Agency carries out checks on vehicles.
ANDOVER – JUNE 2021
Picket Twenty (A3093 towards A303 near roundabout)
Andover, Admirals Way
King Arthur’s Way
Enham Village, bus stop by Church
Andover, Saxon Way Bus Stop (am & pm)
Charlton, Convenience Store
Hurstbourne Tarrant Shop
The Clere School
ROUTE 1 – JUNE 2021
Popley Way, Carpenter’s Down
Sherfield Park, Gaiger Avenue
Bramley Green Road
Sherbourne St John, West End
Winklebury, Augustus Drive
Winklebury, The Winkle
Winklebury, Pembroke Road
Pitt Hall Farm
The Clere School
ROUTE 2 – JUNE 2021
Silchester, Calleva Arms
Silchester Road, Church Road
Tadley, New Road Roundabout
Tadley, Fairlawn Road
Charter Alley, Unisex Salon
Christ Church, Ramsdell crossroad
The Clere School
ROUTE 3 – JUNE 2021
Rooksdown Community Centre
St Michael’s Hospice
Cranes Road/Manor Road
Pamber End, Queen’s College Arms
Pamber Green, New Road
Tadley, Manse Lane
Tadley, Mulfords Hill, Esso Garage
Tadley, Mulfords Hill, Sainsbury's
Tadley, Franklin Avenue
Tadley, Bishopswood Road
Tadley, Bishopswood Lane
Tadley, Heath End Road, Cricketers
Headley, Common Road
Headley, opposite The Cedars
The Clere School
Please note – your child may only travel on the bus as agreed on your returned contract, where passes are issued they must be carried for all journeys.
Students should be at their pick up stop approximately 10 minutes prior to the time shown.
Routes are subject to change due to demand, we will inform you of any significant changes.